Vegan Ginger, Thyme & Rhubarb Crumble Recipe - from the 'Using our Mixes' Series.
Vegan rhubarb crumble
You asked, and we deliver! By popular demand here is another delicious recipe using our flapjack mix - this time to make a seriously rocking crumble. This has been designed for us by the talented Emily of @wrightfoodie. What’s your favourite crumble?
Vegan Ginger, Thyme and Rhubarb Crumble
INGREDIENTS - Serves 6-8
For the topping:
- 1 x pack of Sweetpea Pantry Super Oat Flapjack 230g (which contains gluten-free oats, quinoa and teff flours and flaxseeds)
- 30g Coconut Sugar
- 40g Pumpkin Seeds
- 40g Sunflower Seeds
- 115g Coconut Oil (softened not melted)
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
For the middle:
- 350g Chopped Rhubarb
- 4 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- A few Sprigs of fresh Thyme (using this herb just takes the recipe to a whole new fancy level - delicious!)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix together all of the topping ingredients either by hand, or very gently in a blender.
- Chop the Rhubarb into 1 cm pieces and toss with the coconut sugar, ground ginger and thyme springs.
- Either place the rhubarb in one large pie dish or in separate smaller ramekins (I tend to make individual portions and freeze them so I have a great dessert on tap).
- With your fingers, crumble the topping mixture evenly over the rhubarb.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until top is lightly browned and bubbling.
- Serve with topping as desired - we love ours with coconut yoghurt!
- (If freezing some, bake those for for 20 minutes only and allow to cool before placing in a ziplock bag and put in the freezer. Defrost fully before putting back in the oven for another 20 mins).