What's so Super About Quinoa?
One of the nutritious ingredients in our mixes, we love the taste and nutrient profile of quinoa. Here's why it is so fabulous...
Quinoa in Flapjack Mix
The abundant protein in quinoa is complete protein, which means that it contains all the essential amino acids, including lysine, which is crucial for growing and repairing body tissues.
- Quinoa is high is magnesium and riboflavin (B2). Riboflavin promotes cellular energy which is beneficial for energy, brain and muscle metabolism.
- High in maganese and a good source of copper and zinc which are necessary for the synthesis of an important antioxidant superoxide dismutase enzyme (SOD). The SOD enzyme eliminates free radicals which can slow the effect of ageing and eliminate cancer cells.
- This grain feeds the beneficial bacteria in your gut, is gluten free and is easily digested.
- A good source of insoluble fibre, promoting healthy elimination processes.
- Contains folate and vitamin B, phosphorus, iron, and calcium.
Snapshot: protein, amino acids, magnesium, riboflavin B2, maganese, copper, zinc, folate, phosphorus, iron, calcium, gluten free, insoluble fibre.