The Best Homemade Granola – From 'Using the Mixes' Series
As breakfast fans, we had to give this alternative recipe for our mixes a try and it is truly delicious. And with so much added sugar in many of the ready-made cereals out there, this gives you the option of adding how much you like and what you like (honey, maple syrup, date syrup or golden syrup).
- 1 x 230 grams Sweetpea Pantry Super Oat Flapjack mix with quinoa and flax
- 100 grams coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons your choice of mixed nuts and seeds- pecans, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, and chia
- Melt your oil and syrup together and add to your Sweetpea mix.
- Stir well and lay into square baking tray, approx 1-2 cm high.
- Bake in pre-heated moderate oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown and crispy at the edges tossing once during the baking. Let cool, but while still slightly warm break up with spoon or fingers into chunks of oaty deliciousness.
- Serve sprinkled over natural yoghurt with nuts, seeds and berries – Devour!