The Best Healthy Chocolate Biscuits!
Find your Giggles at Sainsbury's - get them quick as once this lovely product is gone, it is gone!
Healthy Chocolate and Ginger Cookie - delicious!
Chocolate and Ginger Double Whammy Cookies
(Creates 5-10 sandwich cookies)
Ingredients: For the cookies / biscuits –
One pack Sweetpea Pantry biscuit mix of choice - Ginger Giggles Biscuit Mix or Chocolate Giggles Biscuit Mix (find them at your local Sainsbury's or online at Ocado or here in our shop).
For the chocolate filling –
1 medium to large ripe avocado, pitted 90g dark chocolate – at least 80% cacao solids – finely chopped 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil 1-2 tbsp dairy-free milk of choice 1-2 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt or coconut cream 2 tbsp maple syrup 1 tbsp cacao Pinch salt
Flavourings of choice. Choose from one of the following:
1 tsp vanilla paste or 3 tbsp hazelnut butter or Juice and zest half an orange
- Start by preparing your Sweetpea biscuits according to packet instructions, cutting into circular cookies. Bake, then leave to completely cool.
- In the meantime, prepare your filling by gently melting the chocolate and coconut oil in a bain marie (or use a small saucepan inside a large pan with an inch or so of water in the bottom of the large pan) until smooth. Leave to cool slightly for a few minutes, then blend the chocolate with the remaining filling ingredients and your flavourings of choice until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add an extra splash of milk if needed.
- Spoon the chocolate frosting into a bowl, then set aside to thicken and harden slightly.
- Once thickened, scoop the frosting from the bowl using a tablespoon. Press onto a pre-cooked biscuit, then sandwich together with another biscuit. Repeat until you have used all of your biscuits.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.