The Best Christmas Gingerbread Recipe - Exclusive Access!
Our first ever Sweetpea Pantry product was a biscuit mix called Ginger Giggles which made the most scrumptious, versatile and all-round amazing biscuits.
- 150 grams Wholemeal plain flour
- 100 grams Rye Flour
- 80 grams Barley Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground Flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 100 grams of Butter
- 4 tablespoons Golden syrup
- 1 Egg white
- Mix all your dry ingredients together.
- Melt your butter and syrup together until bubbling and stir into your dry ingredients.
- Add your whisked egg white and stir dough into a firm ball, knead gently.
- Allow to cool slightly and then roll out on a floured surface until about 3-4mm thick.
- Cut into desired shapes and then bake in pre-heated oven (180 degrees) for 8 minutes until lightly browned. Decorate as desired and devour!