Quick Lunch Recipe - 10 Minute Noodle Bowl
This week we’re sharing one of our favourite go-to recipes for a super speedy, nourishing lunch or dinner, perfect for these colder darker days.
A comforting crowd pleaser, and a great store cupboard stand-by, our 10-minute Noodle Bowls are loved by kids and adults alike. There’s an option for veggies or meat eaters, and the recipe can easily be adapted to include any leftovers you want to use up.
Souper Noodle Bowls
Ingredients (serves 3-4 adults)
- 750ml veggie or chicken stock (home made is best but you can also buy lovely stock most places these days)
- 1 courgette, cut into 1cm quarter slices
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- Broccoli, about a half a head, cut into small florets
- Cauliflower, about half a head, cut into small florets
- Kale or spinach, a handful, chopped finely
- 100g creamed coconut
- Noodles (we like brown rice or soba noodles) – one portion per person
- Seasoning - try squeeze of lime, fresh chillies
- Place the prepared veggies in the pan. Feel free to switch the veggies according to preference and what you have available; anything that cooks quickly will work.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the creamed coconut.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes, by which time the creamed coconut should have melted.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- Place the noodles in bowls and add the veg mix.
- Season with lime, chilli and coriander, slurp and enjoy!
Twists & Switches
- Add prawns or shredded cooked chicken in to the veg mix
- Throw in some freshly chopped coriander, fresh chilli slices and lemongrass for some Thai spice
- Add a couple of teaspoons of curry powder for more of a kick
- Use macaroni or pasta twists instead of noodles
- Increase the amount of stock for a soupier dish