Chocolate, Cherry & Cinnamon Pancake Recipe - From the 'Using our Mixes' Series
This pancake packs a serious energy punch and will set you up the for the day ahead... Created by the divine Pamela from @spamella we're off to whip this one up now!
- 1 x box Sweetpea Pantry Pancake Mix 220g
- 1 egg
- 200ml almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the chocolate sauce -
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150ml boiling water
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- For the cherries -
- 200g cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or stevia
- 100g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons cacao nibs
- First make the chocolate balls: Drain the dates, place everything apart from the in a blender or food processor and whizz up until you have a slightly sticky mixture. Stir in the cacao nibs then divide into about 12 small balls and chill in the fridge to firm.
- Next place the cherries in a pan with 1 tablespoon water and the maple syrup/stevia. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until soft and a light syrup has formed. Set aside.
- Now make up the pancake mix according to the instructions, adding the maple syrup and cinnamon. Heat some coconut oil in a pan and cook small pancakes in batches.
- Meanwhile whisk together the chocolate sauce ingredients, adding a little extra water or almond milk to form a sauce.
- Plate up the pancakes, pour some chocolate sauce over and arrange some cherries and their syrup plus a few chocolate balls on top. Enjoy!