Apple and Blackcurrant Crumble Recipe from 'Using the Mixes' Series
Its blackcurrant season and this is a fabulous way to have a family friendly pudding with some great ingredients hidden in the crumble. Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan.
Apple and Blackcurrant Crumble
For the topping:
- 1 x pack of Sweetpea Pantry Super Oat Flapjack 230g (which contains gluten-free oats, quinoa and teff flours and flaxseeds)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar or Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 110g Coconut Oil or 100g melted butter
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
For the middle:
- 100g blackcurrants
- 4 peeled and chopped Apples - 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar or unrefined Sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix together all of the topping dry ingredients and stir though the oil / butter.
- Gently steam the apple and blackcurrants in a tablespoon of water with the sugar for 5 minutes until just soft. Place the fruit into a baking dish.
- With your fingers, crumble the topping mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until top is lightly browned and bubbling.
- Serve with topping as desired - we love ours with coconut yoghurt!