Raspberry Tart Recipe (vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free)
Our pancake mix is so versatile - not only does it make delicious pancakes, crepes and waffle (and you may have tried our banana bread recipe too), but it also makes a lovely gluten-free tart. Try this amazing recipe, created for us by @healthysutra
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Sweetpea pantry buckwheat and flax mix
- 1/8 cup apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract ( add more if you needed a more enhanced almond flavour)
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp of set raw honey
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- Pinch of sea salt For the Raspberry filling
- 1 cup sweet raspberries (can be pre-frozen)
- ½ lime juice ( if raspberries are tart then add ½ tbsp honey)
- Almond slivers
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- In a bowl, add almond flour, Sweetpea pancake mix, baking powder and and sea salt.
- Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add egg, applesauce, set honey, vanilla bean paste, almond extract and milk; whisk to combine.
- Now, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat for a min.
- In a food processor, lightly blend the raspberries with the lime juice. Add honey if raspberries are tart and has no sweetness to them.
- On medium heat, cook the raspberry mixture for 4-5 min until it creates a jam like texture.
- Oil a pie pan and add half of batter and add the raspberry filling. Finally add the rest of the batter sandwiching the raspberry mixture.
- Top the almond slices, slightly embed them in the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 min - serve with natural yoghurt (plain, coconut or vanilla).